Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The last of the radishes

Leftovers made a predictable return in my rushed lunch today.  And, since I forgot to turn my camera to "macro" focus it's not a very clear shot of my over-the-hill radishes and last night's gratin.

I still like the Kale Au Gratin dish, although the texture problems are more apparent in the microwave.  It's dry.....but tasty, I swear (although I agree that it's one of the ugliest things I'm made in recent memory).  A little more egg, a little more cheese, some cream/stock would improve greatly.  Although what really can't be improved with dairy fat?  Tastes bad, just cover it with cheese and nobody will know.  My dad always says he could eat shoe leather if it was cooked in butter! 

I guilt-ate my radishes, which we a bit shriveled and browning, seeing as they are 9 days old.  But throwing them away seemed wasteful--after all, they weren't bad, just old.  So the delicious radish-butter sammich made its last appearance for the week (although my farmer says more radishes were seeded this week, so hopefully not my last for the season). 

OOOOOH and cherries!  I love cherries, love them love love love them.  These are just Jewel cherries, not from a farm, not all that great.  But they're still cherries, and I bet I'll finish off the 2 lb bag I bought before Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment