Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I must eat here, vol. 1

Do you have this problem:  You read about food, think about food, learn about all these great little restaurants serving delicious food.  Then, when a person asks you, "where should we eat?" you can't think of ANYTHING?  Not anything, none of the myriad places you drool over daily?  OK, so it's just me.

To combat this problem, I'm going to list them here, so that if it happens again (it will) I can handily pull up a list of them.  First:

Hot Doug's.

Any place that subtitles itself "the sausage superstore and encased meat emporium" is already a win in my book.

And then when your weekly specials include creations like "Brown Ale and Chipotle Buffalo Sausage with Half Acre Beer Mustard and Irish Porter Cheese" and "Smoked Crayfish and Pork Sausage with Spicy Cajun Remoulade and Hickory-Smoked Sweet Swiss Cheese" on your menu (along with duck fat-fried fries on the weekends), I mean, c'mon.  If you don't want to eat that, then we can't be friends.   

I am coming for you, Doug.  Soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment