Search This Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010

Kitchen toys

After my first, amazing bridal shower last weekend, I was stunned at the generosity of my family and friends...particularly with one gorgeous gift from MIL and GIL:
How pretty is she?  I've wanted a kitchenaid artisan stand mixer since always...and NOW I HAVE ONE!!!  Wheeee!

And, I spent 3 hour rearranging my kitchen on Sunday to throw old things away and make room for the new toys I got at the party...like an amazingly quick, delicious coffee maker; airtight, stainless-steel canisters; beautiful artistic pottery platters....
And a GORGEOUS end-grain butcher block, a sharp new Wusthof boning knife, and pretty flavored oils and vinegars in my new cooking station (I know it's a little blurry):
The tupperware you see on the block is full of Key Lime Meltaways, a huge batch of which I used to inaugurate my Kitchenaid and to wrap up as little gifts for the girls at my batchelorette party this weekend.  They are easy to make (and FULL of butter) but I have to say, they aren't my favorite.  I love snowball cookies at christmas, and these remind you a lot of that (shortbread-like texture, tossed in powdered sugar) but they were a bit too delicate and perhaps not tart enough for me.  When I eat citrus, I want the pucker. 

1 comment:

  1. My Sweetness - Your kitchen looks awesome! Isn't the Kitchenaid mesmerizing? I just love watching it operate. Got to share with you a watermelon slush and you put volka in it. Hugs to my bride-to-be.

    ReplyDelete