Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

One thing I love about work meetings

FOOD BUFFETS!

Seriously, when do I ever have this many kinds of fruit in my fridge?  Honeydew, muskmelon, watermelon, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple and grapes.  Breakfast of champions!  And eating all this fruit will, hopefully, prevent me from breaking into the chocolate croissants, bagels, and muffins that are awaiting me just a long-arm's reach from my desk....

I guess the food is a comfort to me as I embark on my busiest, longest, stressiest, most annoying work week....and weekend. 

And, Internet, remind me why I looked at my camera last night and DIDN'T take a picture of the NYC-style barbecue pizza with sauteed creminis, wild red onions, green pepper, and basil that I made last night.  Or the CSA veggie-filled salad of red and green leaf lettuce, sliced radishes hard boiled egg, wild onion tops, and chipotle croutons (homemade!  croutons are the easiest thing to make, and they're so much better than boxed!) that went with it.  I was hungry, and it was really dark in the kitchen, and I just didn't feel like getting all my stuff out.  But it was soo delicious, internet friends.  You really missed out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment