Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Finally, a vegetable...

Yes, I did it!  After a weekend where 90% of my diet consisted of encased meat products or alcohol, I finally did it--ate a vegetable!  Several, in fact.  Made a salad out of my CSA red leaf lettuce (though I forgot the purslane...dang it!), the last of last week's CSA spring onions, sliced cucumbers, and a tiny bit of feta cheese and balsamic dressing.  Some CSA carrots on the side, along with 3 crackers with dijon mustard and baby bell cheese and some little slices of chicken sausage.

So I was congratulating myself on being healthy and realized while typing this that I typed the word "cheese" twice.  Two kinds of cheese in one supposedly healthy lunch. 

Well, you see, it wasn't much cheese--much under an ounce total, I think/hope.  I guess my definition of healthy is just a little different.

In the meantime, I have a boatload of greens--kale and chard, mostly--that I need to use and soon.  Any ideas?  It's hard to be really creative with cooking greens.  I'm thinking maybe a minestrone soup with a bunch of chard in it...we'll see what happens.....hoepfully a recipe to share tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment