Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

i has the sads

well, something in my brain isn't working correctly this week.  seasonal? hormonal? who knows what-al? yeah, i feel a bit like my moorings have come unstuck, and i'm just floating around in limbo.  like i alternate between feeling apathy and stress, nothingness and sadness, until one day my brain just snaps itself back into place, or something.  Until then, i'll start crying at insurance commercials, snap at my coworkers for no reason, and just be a zombie to everyone else.  don't you wish you lived with me?

so to start the "snapping my crazy butt out of it" phase, i woke up at 6 (after a tossy, turny, no sleepy night, mind you) and hauled myself off to the gym...but forgot to eat a banana, granola bar, ANYTHING before my boxing boot camp workout...leading to light-headedness, nausea, and an almost-faint about 40 minutes in.  It so messed me up that I didn't feel much like eating anything except 1/2 a roll of tums until about noon--believe me, not feeling like eating is a foreign feeling for this inner fat kid.

Forced myself to eat a couple of english muffin halves (side note: wow, self.  a couple of halves?  could that, perhaps, equate to a WHOLE?  so you ate an english muffin, actually), one with a little butter and jelly, the other with peanut butter.  MMmmmmm....

My mom loves english muffins, usually the cinnamon raisin ones in the red canister or the plain ones in the orange and white box (you see the detail orientation of my childhood mind in this recitation). Except when I got to the store on sunday to buy them there were TWO brands in the orange boxes--one on the shelf, the other in the refrigerated section.  WHICH ONE ARE THEY!!!!?????!!!!!  because buying the wrong brand of english muffin would clearly be a catastrophe of epic proportions, ruining (or slightly altering, depending on your sense of the dramatic) countless (or six) breakfasts to come.

I went with the refrigerated ones, cause mama always kept hers in the fridge.  Score one for puzzle solving!  Or hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment