Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Mmmmm, Mmmm Good!

No, not Campbell's, although I do find their soup delicious. When I was little, I used to love to eat the broth, vaggies and chicken out of Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup, then save all the soft, squishy noodles to eat in one gigantic bite at the end! Almost 30 years old, and that still sounds like fun.

Today's lunch is decidedly more wholesome, as it features lots of veggies, fruits, and hardly any fats.  Brought in a serving of Mexican Black Bean Soup, along with some green grapes, multi grain crackers, and few small slices of horseradish-chive havarti cheese to go on top with some dijon mustard. 

This soup is good.  Chock-full of veggies, it gets a little bit of heat from the peppers and cumin but not enough to light a fire in your mouth.  The beans make it filling and give you a hit of protein, while the sheer number of veggies just make me feel healthy.  It's like summer's bounty in a bowl. And, to me, nothing's quite as wholesome and satisfying as soup.

Except maybe cheese.  This horseradish-chive havarti came from a lovely, prolific cheesemonger at the Wicker Park farmer's market.  Too bad I didn't have the foresight to get the name and recommend it to you, internet, but hopefully you'll forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment